Language Coaches Wanted
We do this through loads of naturally evolving conversations in the target language, making the process very down-to-earth and real-life-like.
THE BIGGER PICTURE
We business language coaches play a key role in helping to strengthen international business and trade relationships. We also directly contribute to British businesses becoming more successful in the short and long run.
We’ll help to increase British confidence and fight the stereotype of Brits not wanting to learn another language.
And, more importantly, we promote understanding between cultures, countries and people.
German. English as a foreign language. Spanish. Portuguese. Italian. French. Chinese. Japanese. Arabic. Norwegian.
Looking at the data, 2016 statistics show that the UK trades the most with countries where these languages are spoken.
However, other languages such as Polish, Turkish, Russian, Danish, Dutch, Swedish, Malay, Czech, Romanian, Slovak, Hungarian, Hindi and Thai are also gaining importance in trade relationships.
If you speak and teach any of these languages, you’re also free to apply.
Is this you?
- You are a native language teacher or language coach.
- You are based in London, Uk or live close-by.
- You have a sense of humour that’s smart, but not snarky or cynical.
- You LOVE getting to know new people.
- You’re eager to learn about the specific business area your client works in.
- Personal development is something you take and practise seriously.
- You care deeply about your work, your clients and colleagues.
- You love technology and innovation.
- You are constantly trying out new tricks and methods.
- You genuinely want to understand the client’s day-to-day challenges and problems.
- You believe in adult-to-adult communication.
- When you meet a challenging client, you’re even more driven to find a way that works for them.
- You know how to adapt your coaching when dealing with clients with different learning styles and preferences.
- You don’t go by the book and like to challenge the old concepts of teaching and learning languages.
- You believe in the power of a great conversation in the target language.
- You’d never talk out business secrets and confidential information your client shares with you and you treat it with utmost respect.
- You’re not intimidated by successful and charismatic people. You genuinely enjoy working with them.
- You appreciate honesty and when the client tells you what they like and what they don’t like about your teaching and coaching style.
- You’re not thin skinned or (overly) attached to your ego — you’re focused on finding, developing and executing on the best ideas to get the best results.
- You’re obsessive about being the best at what you do.
- You’re hyper focused on the getting the details right — you don’t do sloppy work or let little things slip through the cracks.
- You do whatever it takes and the phrase “That’s not my job” is not a part of your vocabulary.
- You’re a born GO GETTER — always looking for ways to add value, do better work, improve efficiencies, build others up.
- You are demanding, you look and present yourself smart and professionally.
- You understand and accept that learning a foreign language is not THE most important thing your clients have in mind. They have huge responsibilities on their shoulders which we need to help them leave out the door for an hour or two, so they can focus, learn something that’s relevant and important to them and enjoy the time they spend with us.
In an ideal world, you have …
- Either experience or a strong desire to learn about all things business and finance.
- Interest in developing new training programmes, complementary materials, brochures for both clients and colleagues.
- Desire to organise and attend business and training events and conferences.
- A creative, positive spirit along with a passion for personal development.
- Knowledge of the capabilities of social media channels including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
THE NITTY GRITTY
We’d like to work with you as an independent contractor and partner of ProLingua Global.
This is not “just another language teaching agency”: There will be community, constant support and ongoing further development opportunities.
You’ll see behind the scenes of an energetic start-up company.
If you’ve been teaching children so far and want to move into adult education or the private sector, this is probably not your best bet. These business leaders are time-poor and demanding. They want focus, guidance and strong support. That requires a certain charisma from us.
Essentially, we’re looking for partners in building a small global brand, first establishing it in the UK and then taking it abroad.
INTERESTED? HERE’S HOW TO APPLY:
Please send an intro email with an up-dated CV to email@example.com
In the intro bit, please answer the following questions:
1. What do you like the most about teaching your native language?
2. What is it that you like the least about it?
3. How do you achieve that your teaching is not too school-ish?
We very much look forward to hearing from you!